Address: 2 Willan Drive, Portrush, Co. Antrim, BT56 8PU
I am a passionate and driven person who enjoys working with people of all ages. I have a caring nature, along with excellent organisational and time management skills. I possess a proven ability to ensure that standards, policies, and communications are understood and implemented correctly in a professional setting, and I ensure learning is to the highest possible standard. I have a passion for outdoor learning and believe the outdoors and water can have a huge impact on people’s overall wellbeing.
Inclusion and SEN Masters, Queens University Belfast Commendation (2019-2020)
QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) Grade 1, University of Hertfordshire (2017-2018)
BA (Hons) Fine Art (Printmaking), University of Ulster Belfast (2010-2014)
Rainey Endowed Grammar School (2002-2010)
A Level: Art- A, Physical Education-C, Geography-D
AS Level: Art-A, Physical Education-C, Geography-D
GCSE: Art-A, Physical Education-B, English-B, Double award science- C, Maths-C, Geography-C, History-C
Surf Instructor June 2017-Present:
I work as a surf instructor at a local surf school in Portrush, Northern Ireland, teaching beginner and intermediate surfers and leading/organising kids camps. I plan lessons, run camps, and ensure equipment is safe and ready to use for every lesson. I would finish on a mini beach clean to educate and encourage participants to keep the beaches clean and safe.
April-September 2018-2020 RNLI Beach Lifeguard:
I worked for the RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution) on East Strand beach as a Senior Lifeguard, my duties where to prevent, monitor and advise beach and water users, to co-ordinate rescue activities while organising a small team of four lifeguards, keeping moral up and encouraging guards are fit for duty.
· Assess conditions and to place zone flags / warning signs in appropriate positions on the beach
· Advise public as to the correct zone for their activity and monitor all persons bathing or surfing in designated areas
· Carry out a rescue response to any persons seen to be in difficulty in the sea and to inform other services if backup is required and carry out other duties such as: first aid, lost children, giving advice, reporting of hazards etc.
· Be thoroughly conversant with the lifeguard service Standard & Local Operating Procedures
September 2018- June 2023-Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher:
I worked as a SEN teacher in Northern Ireland, teaching children with a range of special needs; including ASD, SPD and other cognitive learning difficulties. I teach from the School’s Core Curriculum to further develop their life skills and set appropriate and achievable targets that allow children to progress and grow in confidence and assess the progress they have made all while keeping a safe and fun teaching environment. Work with classroom assistants daily to help children access the curriculum and write reports outlining progression made. I also have to liaise with parents allied health professionals and Medical Health Care practitioners regarding the children’s needs in order for them to fully access the curriculum.
Summer 2012, 2013 and 2014 – Capital Camps – Pennsylvania USA – life guard/counsellor, Assistant Aquatics Director:
During this time, I was responsible for planning, leading and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children within the camp environment.
• Worked as part of a team to overcome difficult situations
• 24-hour supervision of up to 12 children.
• I developed a caring and stimulating environment that promoted learning through play.
• Daily training.
• I assessed the environment to ensure the safety of children.
• I developed problem-solving skills whilst working towards ensuring all children are comfortable, safe and included.
· NVBLQ (National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification)
· Level 2 Irish Surfing Association surf instructor
· First Aid trained
· Swim Ireland: Qualified assistant swimming teachers course completed
Available Upon request